Applicants encouraged to retrieve their resume in current system if needed before it closes on Dec. 4
ST. PAUL, Minn. (Nov. 12, 2015) — The State of Minnesota will launch a new job application system on December 8, 2015. The new system is more user friendly and will offer a better job search and application experience.
The new job application system is one part of a broader statewide effort to improve government service. This effort aligns with Governor Dayton and Lt. Governor Smith’s Better Government for a Better Minnesota initiative that focuses on people, service, and results.
“The State of Minnesota is a great place to work,” said Myron Frans, Commissioner of Minnesota Management and Budget. “It’s important that our HR systems support our efforts to attract, retain, and develop our highly talented and diverse state workforce.”
“Improving the job applicants’ user experience was a main driver for this system upgrade. Once the system is up, we will be continually improving it and asking for feedback and suggestions to help make it even better,” said Commissioner Frans.
With the new system applicants can:
- Upload a unique and tailored resume for each job
- Automatically fill in portions of your application using your uploaded resume
- Identify your qualifications by answering simple questions
- Reset your user ID and password automatically
- Track where you are in the application process
- Sign up to receive notifications about new openings
Important changes for applicants!
- Applicant resume and information will not transfer from the old system to the new one.
- The old system will shut down on December 4. Applicants cannot access the old system after that time.
- The new system will be available starting December 8.
What do applicants need to do?
We encourage applicants to visit our current job application system to retrieve and save their most recent resume and application documents. It’s easy – follow these steps:
- Log in to our current job application system using your username and password
- Click “Resume Builder” from the top navigation menu
- Click “View Submitted Resume”
- Save your resume as a Word document or PDF
- When you apply for a state job after December 8, you can create a new account and upload your resume into the new system.
State government HR professionals, private sector experts, community partners who work with job seekers and workforce development, and real users helped develop and test the system. Once the system goes live, users can continue to provide feedback by filling out a feedback form on the website or emailing us at [email protected].