Dodgers announce World Baseball Classic host committee
LOS ANGELES (March 6, 2017) — The Los Angeles Dodgers on Monday announced the membership of their World Baseball Classic Honorary Host Committee, which is comprised of eight Los Angeles-based Consul Generals from the 16 nations competing in the tournament.
Chaired by the Dean of the Los Angeles Consular Corps, the Honorable Celeste Jimenez Pena De Amarante of the Dominican Republic, the Honorary Host Committee will focus on building camaraderie and excitement among fans and players, and act as a liaison between the Dodgers and the local and international communities.
The Dodgers are honored that the following distinguished individuals will serve on the 2017 World Baseball Classic Honorary Host Committee:
- The Honorable Celeste Jimenez Pena De Amarante, Consul General of the Dominican Republic – Chair
- The Honorable Chelsey Martin, Consul General of Australia
- The Honorable James Peter Gerard Villeneuve, Consul General of Canada
- The Honorable Steve C.C. Hsia, Director-General, Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Los Angeles, Chinese Taipei
- The Honorable Sam Grundwerg, Consul General of Israel
- The Honorable Akira Chiba, Consul General of Japan
- The Honorable Key Cheol Lee, Consul General of the Republic of Korea
- The Honorable Carlos García de Alba Zepeda, Consul General of Mexico
The 16-team tournament, which opened pool play earlier today, will culminate with the semifinals and championship game at Dodger Stadium March 20-22. Three-game ticket strips for the championship round as well as individual game tickets can be purchased online at Dodgers.com/WBC.
The Los Angeles Dodgers franchise, with six World Series championships and 21 National League pennants since its beginnings in Brooklyn in 1890, is committed to a tradition of pride and excellence. The Dodgers are dedicated to supporting a culture of winning baseball, providing a first-class, fan-friendly experience at Dodger Stadium, and building a strong partnership with the community. With the highest cumulative fan attendance in Major League Baseball history, and a record of breaking barriers, the Dodgers are one of the most cherished sports franchises in the world.
Visit the Dodgers online at www.dodgers.com, follow them on Twitter @Dodgers and like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Dodgers.