Premier Event on Sat. April 30 to Provide Opportunity to Learn, Practice and Celebrate the Unifying Power of Tai Chi and Qigong for Achieving Better Health and a Better World from 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Sat. April 30, 2011 at Normandale Community College, 9700 France Ave. South, Bloomington, MN 55431-4399.
This premier, colorful and exciting event will feature internationally known Tai Chi and Qigong experts and highlight the power of healing energy in recognition of “World Tai Chi & Qigong Day” — to be celebrated in 60 countries around the world. This free event is open to the public and will feature an entire morning of interesting, visual and fascinating demos, dances, and break-out sessions including:
· Colorful, Festive Dragon Dance – performed by the Hung Vuong Association.
· Tai Chi Demonstrations and group practice sessions.
· Introduction to Spring Forest Qigong – increase self-awareness and energy.
· Harmonic Happiness -experience sound healing demonstrations and sound wash.
· Personal Energy Balancing Sessions – designed to help balance energy in body.
· Superconscious Energy Activation – uncover the power of the subconscious mind.
· Nordic Walking – explore how Nordic walking poles can turn your walk into a total body workout.
· Tai Chi for Arthritis – learn from one of 11 Tai Chi for Arthritis Masters in U.S.
· Closing Group Meditation – led by International Qigong Master Chunyi Lin.
This event will feature several local and internationally-known experts including:
· Chunyi Lin – certified International Qigong Master co-author of “Born a Healer”.
· Dr. Russ Smiley – one of 11 Master Trainers for “Tai Chi for Arthritis” in the U.S.
· Jose Manuel Figueroa – America’s premier internal Chinese martial arts competitor.
Use Parking Lot 4, available in west lot, off Collegeview Road. Event held in Activity Gymnasium
For more information or to pre-register call 952-358-8343 or visit http://normandale.augusoft.net.