Working Group on Violence Against Asian Women and Children Bill: Requests that the state fund a 2-year study on the nature, scope, and prevalence of violence against Asian women and children in Minnesota. A multi-disciplinary advisory group will oversee the study and report back to the Legislature in 2017 on the study’s findings and recommendations.
- S.F. 310 Authors: Hayden (chief-author), Ingebrigsten, Saxhaug, Pappas, and Hawj.
- Recommended to pass as amended by the Senate State and Local Government Committee
- Re-referred to the Senate Health, Human Services and Housing Committee
- H.F. 336 Authors: Clark (chief-author); Cornish; Laine; Hamilton; Liebling; Johnson, S., and Ward
- Referred to the Public Safety and Crime Prevention Policy and Finance Committee
Exploited Women and Children Rental Assistance Program Bill: Requests that the state fund a 2-year transitional rental voucher pilot program for Asian women and children who are victims of domestic violence. Included in this are other forms of gender based violence which put women and children at risk of becoming homeless. This program is designed with women from our community in mind, but it will also be accessible to all victims regardless of their race.
- S.F. 311 Senate Authors: Johnson (chief-author), Hayden, Saxhaug, Ingebrigsten, and Hawj.
- Referred to the Health, Human Services and Housing Committee
- H.F. 335 Authors: Clark (chief-author), Gunther, Laine, Cornish, Liebling, Hamilton, Ward and Johnson, S.
- Referred to the Committee on Job Growth and Energy Affordability Policy and Finance Committee
The Council on International Medical Graduates: Establishes the Council on International Medical Graduates to be appointed by the commissioner of the health.
- S.F. 1049 – Introduced and referred to the Health, Human Services and Housing Committee on 2/26.
- H.F. 1277 – Introduced and referred to the Health and Human Services Reform Committee on 2/26.
Health Disparities Modifications and Appropriation: Requires the commissioner of health to develop a standardized set of measures to assess the quality of health care services offered.
- S.F. 501
- H.F. 1208 – Introduced and referred to the Health and Human Services Reform Committee on 2/25. Hearing scheduled for March 6th.
Khmer Veterans of Cambodia Memorial Appropriation: Appropriates $ 450,000 to design and construct a memorial on the Capitol complex.
- S.F. 791, 792
- H.F. 1177, 1178 – Introduced and referred to the State Government Finance Committee on 2/23.
Stay tuned for the release of our Early Childhood Education Research Report! For more information, click here.
Other Bills We’re Following
Employment and Economic Development
Make your concerns heard!
Community members concerned about the proposed budgets and policies are encouraged to:
Contact CAPM for general inquiries at[email protected]
If you have questions about any bill or wish to testify on any of the listed bills, please email the Council’s Legislative Liaison at[email protected].
Council on Asian Pacific Minnesotans
Centennial Office Building,
658 Cedar Street, Suite 160
St. Paul, MN 55155