Subbody Butoh Method was developed by Rhizome Lee in Japan. “Subbody” means subconscious body. In the subconscious realm, away from the boundary of ego and daily consciousness, our mind and body melt into oneness and create world that is completely different from daily world. Though various conditioning techniques, a Subbody Butoh practitioner creates movements through exploring the subconscious realm.
Kats D, a local dancer, choreographer and performance artist, is also a Subbody Butoh Practitioner, and will offer courses on the art on Thursday evenings from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. over eight weeks, October 7, 14, 28; November 4, 11, 18; and December 2, 9, at Fallout Urban Art Center Studio Three, 2601 2nd Avenue South, Minneapolis.
Kats D has studied under the guidance of Rhizome Lee since 2005. He has also studied with other Butoh masters, such as Katsura Kan, Akira Kasai and Kim Itoh. He performs and teaches Subbody Butoh regularly in the Twin Cities and abroad.
This workshop requires no dance experience. Anyone who would like to explore his or her hidden creative potentials is welcome. The workshops will focus on the essential aspects of Subbody Butoh:
• Quiet down the daily consciousness and listen to the subtle body signals.
• Go beyond our physical, psychological and social bounds in order to create movements that are novel and unique to the individual body.
• Develop Subbody movements through opening eight channels (body feeling, movement, visual, audio, emotion, relationship, world-self image and thinking).
• Find resonance between ourselves and the environment.
• Through the resonance with other Subbodies, become Co-body.
Tuition is $200 or $180 if pre-registered by September 15th. For information and to register contact Kats D Fukasawa at 612-703-7501 or [email protected]. His Web site is at http://sites.google.com/site/katsdsubbody/
Learn more about Subbody Butoh at www.subbody.net.