WASHINGTON, D.C. (Oct. 16, 2014) —
The White House Office of the Press Secretary announced Thursday, President Barack Obama’s designation of a Presidential Delegation to Jakarta, Indonesia to attend the Inauguration of His Excellency Joko Widodo, President-elect of the Republic of Indonesia on October 20, 2014.
The Honorable John F. Kerry, Secretary of State, will lead the delegation.
Members of the Presidential Delegation:
• The Honorable Robert O. Blake, Jr., U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia, Department of State
• The Honorable Daniel R. Russel, Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs
• The Honorable Carolyn Hessler-Radelet, Director of the Peace Corps
• The Honorable Scot Marciel, Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs and Former U.S.Ambassador to the Republic of Indonesia
• Mr. Mohamed Abdel-Kader, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Education for International and Foreign Language Education