CHICAGO (Nov. 7, 2015) — The 21st Annual Chicago Filipino Asian American Hall of Fame 2015 will be held 6 p.m., Nov. 14 at Hyatt O’Hare in Rosemont, Ill. The red-carpet awards gala dinner and dance will be held in the Hyatt Rosemont’s Ballroom.
The Chicago Filipino Asian American Hall of Fame is a joint effort of the 33-year-old ethnic Filipino Asian media institutions in Chicago, VIA Times Newsmagazine and the Chicago Philippine Reports TV, also known as CPRTV (the one and only Filipino TV show in the Chicagoland area.) It is an outstanding annual community event that benefits the locally-produced CPRTV, airing every Sunday from 3 to 4 p.m. on Chicago Cable 25 (Comcast, RCN & WOW Cables) and other weekdays (except Monday) in different time slots. Part of the proceeds also benefit other charitable causes locally and in the Philippines.
Gov. Amado Tetangco, Central Bank Governor of the Philippines, has been named as Keynote Speaker and Dr. A. Gabriel Esteban, President of Seton Hall University in New Jersey, has been named as Guest Speaker for the ceremonies.
Highlighted VIA Man of The Year 2015 is Jan Paul C. Ferrer, CFP, CRPC, Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, Morgan Stanley and VIA Times Financial Columnist; and VIA Woman of The Year 2015 is Edith Mijares Ardiente, M.S., P.E., Q.E.P., Retired Vice President, Environmental and Energy Affairs, Navistar International Corporation; Community Leader and Philanthropist.
The awards are a prestigious honor in the Filipino and Asian American community of Chicago and the Midwest, also nationally and internationally. They recognize high-achieving Filipinos/Filipino Americans and Asians and Friends, focusing on their achievements in their own fields of interest or profession, and in their abilities and capabilities to promote the positive image of the Filipino not only in Chicago, but also in the entire United States of America, the Philippines, and throughout the world.
This most prestigious red-carpeted formal function that has been compared to the annual Oscars awards ceremony, will proudly present its most coveted HOF crystal trophies to the following 20 awardees:
• Rev. Nancy Abiera, Ordained Minister, Writer, Speaker; Contributing Writer, VIA Times Newsmagazine (Life Coach);
• Edith Mijares Ardiente, M.S., P.E., Q.E.P., Retired Vice President, Environmental and Energy Affairs, Navistar International Corporation; Community Leader and Philanthropist (VIA Woman of The Year 2015);
• Atty. Aurora N. Abella-Austriaco, President, Austriaco & Associates, Ltd. (Leadership In Law and Public Service);
• Johanna M. Cook, National Cooking Personality, Host and Founder, Momma Cuisine (Culinary Art In Social Media – International Award);
• Irene Cualoping (ENERI/Rieny), J.D., Managing Partner, ENERI Communications; Producer, Director, Photographer, Author (Outstanding Asian American Leadership);
• Ron T. De Los Santos, M.A., M.H.R.I.R., Director, Office of Enrollment Management, Resurrection University, Chicago (Education Administration);
• A. Gabriel Esteban, Ph.D., President, Seton Hall University, New Jersey, (Leadership In Education – National);
• Jan Paul C. Ferrer, CFP®, CRPC®, Vice President, Senior Portfolio Manager, Morgan Stanley and VIA Times Financial Columnist (Via Man of The Year 2015);
• Atty. Jasmine Villaflor-Hernandez, Assistant State’s Attorney, Cook County State’s Attorney Office (Excellence in Law);
• Adolfo M. Maglaya., M.D., Retired Gastroenterologist (Excellence in Medicine);
• Drs. Rupert and Amelita Mayuga and Family (Model Family 2015);
• Omeed Memar, M.D., Ph.D., Clinical Assistant Professor, Northwestern University; Medical Director, Academic Dermatology and Skin Cancer Institute (Friend of the Filipino);
• Lourdes (Nena) Medrano-Nisperos, M.S.N., B.S.N., R.N., Leader, Philippine Nurses Association of America, Inc. (Nursing Leadership-National Award);
• Reynaldo Pabellano, R.N., M.S. M.H.A., Manager, Mt. Sinai Hospital (Excellence in Nursing);
• Chaziel Patron, Singer, Vocalist and Event Coordinator (Excellence in Entertainment);
• Chip Payos, Actor, Choreographer and Dancer (Performing Arts);
• Ernie Rosas, R.N., B.S.N., Co-Founder, Reliable Healthcare Services, Inc. (Excellence in Nursing-National);
• Maria Isabel Turtogo-Sacay, President and Administrator, Healthcare Plus Organization and HOPE Palliative and Hospice Care, Palatine, Rockford and South Holland, Illinois; (Leadership in Home Healthcare);
• Stella Marie B. Santos, CPA, Managing Director and Founding Member, Adelfia LLC (Excellence in Finance and Accounting); and
• Marilin D. Solomon, P.E., Field Engineer/Head of West Division, Bureau of Local Roads, Illinois Department of Transportation (Excellence In Engineering)
Over 500 people are expected to attend the festivities. Serving as Masters of Ceremonies are veteran co-emceesMaria Girlie Pascual and Nick Vera Perez. The event’s hardworking coordinator is Jovie Calma, assisted by Ryan Tejero and their hardworking committees; the overall producer and founder of the annual Chicago Filipino Asian American Hall of Fame is Veronica Leighton, VIA Times Publisher and CPRTV Executive Producer, ably assisted by Joe Mauricio, VIA Times Co-Publisher and CPRTV Producer.
Tickets are $95.00 per person and are close to being sold-out as of presstime. For last minute availability, please check with individual awardees.