Brooklyn Park, Minn. (April 24, 2017) — The Recreation and Parks Department of the city of Brooklyn Park is putting together a system plan, which will guide the future needs of every neighborhood park. As part of the plan a series of community meetings to get feedback on what residents would like to see in their city green spaces.
The first meeting is Wednesday, May 3 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Brooklyn Park Library, located at 8500 W. Broadway. Everyone is invited to this free event and refreshments will be available.
If you can’t make the meeting, there will be other gatherings on May 3, May 20, June 1, June 20 and July 11 throughout the community. You can find out the details of these events by going to http://www.brooklynpark.org/parksystemplan or contribute your ideas by taking our online survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/parksystemplan.
Your feedback will help shape the future for decisions about:
• Connecting the biking and walking trails for ease in moving around the City
• Improving neighborhood parks
• Beautifying parks with public art
• Determining what new special facilities are needed and where
• Updating the Community Activity Center as the hub of recreational activities
• Funding future parks system improvements
• Ensuring recreation opportunities are equitably available in all neighborhoods
No plan can be successful without feedback from those the plan will affect. That’s why we need your input! Without feedback, members of the City Council and city staff will have to do guesswork to figure out your needs.