ST. PAUL, MN (March 9, 2013) — The Lex-Ham Community Band announces BandWidth 2013 – a showcase of community-based bands from around Minnesota on Sunday, April 28, from 12 to 5:30 p.m. at Landmark Center, 75 West 5th Street, in downtown Saint Paul.
The event will feature:
• Brio Brass – a 35-member Brass Swing Band
• Centennial Community Band – a 40-member band centered around northern metro communities
• Century College Concert Band – a 50-member ensemble made up of Century students, community members, and alumni
• Fridley City Band – a 40-member concert band performing around the Fridley area for over 50 years
• Lakes Area Community Concert Band – a 40-member ensemble from Detroit Lakes
• Sheldon Theatre Brass Band – a 25-member brass band from Red Wing
• Lex-Ham Community Band – a 45-member concert band centered in the Lexington-Hamline neighborhood of Saint Paul
This annual event, free to the public and an official event of the Spring 2013 Saint Paul Art Crawl, has been providing people with an opportunity to hear classic concert band and jazz music performed by several of the top volunteer-based ensembles in the Twin Cities area since it began in 2011.
Besides the music performances, there will music-related activities for children, food, and a silent auction.
The Lex-Ham Community Band is a program of Lex-Ham Community Arts, which provides performing arts activities for the Lexington-Hamline neighborhood of St. Paul and surrounding communities. The Lex-Ham Community Band not only performs concerts year-round throughout the Twin Cities, but also has sponsored Master Classes, Music Festivals, and partnered with area schools and colleges to provide lifelong musical learning opportunities for residents regardless of your training or ability.
For more information about BandWidth 2013 or the Lex-Ham Community Band, contact Anthony Parrish at [email protected] or 612-590-9523 or see the www.BandWidthMusicFest.org website or www.LexHamArts.org/band.