The Minnesota Campaign to Ban Landmines and Cluster Munitions presents “Report back from Lao (Laos)”, and Annual Meeting & Extravaganza on December 30, 2010 in conjunction with the Lao community at the Lao Family Building from 5:00 to 9:00 p.m. at the Lao Family building (upstairs) at 320 University Ave. W., St. Paul (Near Western Ave. on University before Marion and Rice St.).
Social time, Display and Pot Puck from 5:00 P.M. til 9:00, 6:00 traditional dance presentation.
Formal Program begins at about 6:30 and including the following:
• Three individuals who have recently visited Lao PDR. There will be some video display to provide attendees a more positive appreciation for the experiences of the presenters.
• Dr, Yang Dao will present his experiences at the 450/ 150 year Anniversary celebrated in November 2010 in Vientiane Lao;
• Jack Rossbach’s Report from LAO about the successful 1st Meeting of States Parties for the Convention on Cluster Munitions Held in Nov. 2010 Laos.
• Jim Harris will talk about WeHelpWarVictims.org and his experiences in Lao.
• Discussion and more information to follow for those interested.
Come and celebrate with notable Lao community members, Nobel Peace Prize winning Laureates and other fine individuals. There will be some display tables with Artifacts, Crafts and Literature from Lao.
Bring friends, family and anyone else that you can convince this is a good time. Entertainers welcome. As always we will have a pot luck dinner with hopefully some Lao food so bring something even if it is only yourself. Contact Jack Rossbach at 651-488-0524 or [email protected] with any questions.
To Contact Lao Family call Yao Lo 651-221- 0069 for additional information during the day. A parking lot is adjacent to building. There is street parking in addition.