ST PAUL, Minn. (March 12, 2015) — Festival of Nations, Minnesota’s largest multi-cultural celebration, returns to Saint Paul RiverCentre Thursday, April 30 through Sunday, May 3. Thousands of students will experience the festival on Thursday and Friday during the day, and the public is invited to attend Friday afternoon through Sunday.
During the three public days, Festival of Nations invites people of all ages to Think Global, Celebrate Local with friends and family. The festival brings together people from a vast array of backgrounds to celebrate their ethnic heritage, learn about other cultures and enjoy great food. Through exhibits, food, music, dance, and personal connections, Festival of Nations provides a look into the traditions, history and journey of over 90 ethnic groups, and sheds light on how each one contributes to the American cultural landscape.
Advance tickets are $11 for adults, $8 for students 6 to 16, and free for children 5 and under, and are available between March 20 and April 30 at the International Institute of Minnesota and at Byerly’s Food Stores. During the event, tickets are available at the RiverCentre Box Office for $13.50 for adults, $8 for students 6 to 16, and free for children 5 and under. A World Pass, good for admission all days of the Festival, is a great value at $18 for adults and $12 for youth. NOTE: World Passes are only available in advance at the International Institute of Minnesota March 20 through April 30.
- ENTERTAINMENT – Over 100 dancers and musicians perform on three stages throughout the Festival; all free with festival admission.
- CULTURAL EXHIBITS – Community members will showcase their distinctive cultures through 40+ special exhibits. Festival visitors can pick up a Festival of Nations Passport to be stamped at each stop.
- ETHNIC CAFÉS – From Palestinian falafel to Colombian tamales to Tibetan mo-mos and Norwegian lefse, enjoy fare served around the world at over 32 ethnic food cafés. Proceeds from each café benefit local non-profit organizations.
- ETHNIC DEMONSTRATIONS – Community members will showcase their distinctive cultures through interactive exhibits. This is a fun and interactive activity for the whole family!Many folk artisans practicing crafts passed down through generations and interactive, educational demonstrations will be featured in over 30 booths.
- INTERNATIONAL BAZAAR – Shopping from around the globe with booths representing 68 countries, with imported gifts including clothing, jewelry and artifacts from many cultures.
- NATURALIZATION CEREMONY – Mid-day on Thursday, Festival of Nations visitors can watch as 50 people become U.S. citizens. Cameras are welcome.
On Thursday, April 30, the Minnesota Twins are offering attendees of Festival of Nations special prices on a group outing to the game against the Chicago White Sox at Target Field. Festival of Nations seating areas are available in three price ranges: $21 – $16 – $5. The first 2000 tickets purchased from this offer will also allow ticket-buyers a chance for a pre-game parade on the field. More information athttp://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/ticketing/groups/offers.jsp?loc=festivalofnations
EVENT: 2015 FESTIVAL OF NATIONS
DATES: Thursday, April 30 – Sunday, May 3, 2015
HOURS: Student Hours:
Thursday, April 30, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Friday, May 1, 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
(Student tickets by reservation through the Festival of Nations office)
General Public Hours:
Friday, May 1 – 4:30 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday, May 2 – 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Sunday, May 3 – 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
ADMISSION: Advance: $11 Adults, $8 Students (6 to 16)
At the Door: $13.50 Adults, $8 Students
Ages 5 and under FREE with adult admission