Small businesses interested in doing business with government agencies and prime contractors are encouraged to attend the 14th Annual SADBOC Government Procurement Trade Fair, Tuesday, April 16, 2013 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Earle Brown Heritage Center, 6155 Earle Brown Drive, Brooklyn Center, Minn.
The event is free to attend. Coupling education with marketing strategies, this event will provide small businesses an opportunity to meet with representatives from Federal, State and local departments, commercial/prime contractors, and nonprofit organizations; access available technical assistance; and learn about upcoming contracts.
The SADBOC Trade Fair is sponsored by the Federal Executive Board’s Small and Disadvantaged Business Opportunity Council, in cooperation with PTAC and the U.S. Small Business Administration. Registration begins at 8:30 a.m., followed by the Trade Fair from 9 a.m. to noon, and workshops and matchmaking opportunities from 12:30 to 3 p.m.
Small businesses have the opportunity to be matched with a government or corporate buyer interested in their particular product/service. (by appointment only). Online registration for a 10 minute appointment begins March 25 and closes April 12. Click here for matchmaking registration. Matches will be posted on the SBA website on April 15 at www.sba.gov.
Federal exhibiting organizations include the Air Force Reserve 934th Airlift Wing, Army Corps of Engineers, Department of Labor – OFCCP, General Services Administration (GSA), Indian Health Service (IHS), Small Business Administration (SBA), U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, U.S. Forest Service, USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service, USDA-NRCS, VA Medical Center-Minneapolis.
State and local exhibiting organizations include the City of Minneapolis, City of St. Paul, Hennepin County, Metropolitan Airports Commission (MAC), Metropolitan Council, Minneapolis Public Housing Authority, MN Dept. of Admin – Materials Management, MN Dept. of Transportation, and the University of Minnesota.
Commercial and prime contractor organizations exhibiting include 3M, Adolfson & Peterson, ATK, Cargill, Chevron, Cummins, Edward Kraemer & Sons, Express Scripts, JE Dunn, LHB, Mayo Clinic, Medtronic, Mortenson, National Bone Marrow, Par Systems, Redwing Shoe Company, Ryan Companies US, Inc., Stanley Consulting, Tennant, Toro, and US Foods.
Nonprofit organizations exhibiting include the Association of the United States Army, Association of Women Contractors, Better Business Bureau, FACC Tribal Procurement Technical Assistance Center, Hiway Federal Credit Union, Metropolitan Economic Development Association, Midwest Minority Supplier Development Council, MN Procurement Technical Assistance Center, National Association of Minority Contractors, National Association of Purchasing Managers (NAPM), NCMA, SCORE Association (SCORE), Women’s Business Development Center-MN
The workshops include:
• The Basics of Selling to the Government by the Minnesota Procurement Technical Assistance Center
• Vikings Stadium Update and Opportunities by the Metropolitan Sports Facilities Authority
• Introduction to the Department of Labor’s Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs by the Department of Labor/OFCCP
• Commercial Item Contracting: A Simpler Way to do Business with the Federal Government? By Eckland & Blando, LLP
• Understanding the GSA Schedule Program by General Services Administration
• Doing Business with the Veterans Administration Medical Center by VA Medical Center
• Certification Panel by U.S. Small Business Administration; State of MN-Dept. of Administration; Minn. Unified Certification Program (MnUCP); Midwest Minority Supplier Development Council; Women’s Business Development Center Minn.
• Doing Business with School Districts by School District 196 – Rosemount, Apple Valley & Eagan
• Selling to the State of Minnesota by the Minn. Department of Administration
• Veteran Verification Process by the Minn. Procurement Technical Assistance Center
• Understanding the HUBZone Program by the U.S. Small Business Administration
• Important New Developments in Small Business Contracting by The Law Office of Tim Connelly, PLLC
• Prime Contractor Panel – Are You ready for Prime Time? by various presenters
• 8(a) Business Development Program Orientation by the U.S. Small Business Administration
• Finding Government Bid Opportunities by the Minnesota Procurement Technical Assistance Center
• System for Award Management (SAM) by the Minnesota Procurement Technical Assistance Center
• Woman-Owned Small Business program by the U.S. Small Business Administration
• Bidding and Estimating by the Minn. Department of Transportation (MnDOT)