To the Honorable Governor Mark Dayton,
Thank you very much for your leadership on educational issues and for championing policies that positively impact the minority and immigrant communities.
We are community leaders across the diverse multi-ethnic communities in Minnesota and the political spectrum.
We strongly recommend Mr. Readus Fletcher for the at-large seat on the MNSCU Board of Trustees.
We are confident that Mr. Fletcher will bring a number of positive contributions to the MNSCU system as a member of the Board of Trustees:
• His many years of experience as an advisor to MNSCU has provided him with a deep insight and understanding about the operation of MNSCU from both an academic as well as an operational level.
• He is very forward looking and has worked over the years on innovative programs and policies to help build capacity and self-sufficiency in our minority and immigrant communities. He is an ‘out-of-the–box’ thinker and has the ability to develop proactive solutions to complex problems.
• He has extensive experience in helping large institutions develop policies and programs that are inclusive to all.
• He has extensive experience in nurturing entrepreneurship in minority communities. His pioneering ideas have been implemented in public projects at the state and local level.
• He has championed policies that help provide internships and apprenticeships to minority youth. For example, he helped organize the ALANA Green Summit that brought industry leaders to suggest strategies to build pathways to the new green economy for minority youth and entrepreneurs.
• Mr. Fletcher will be a great asset to the MNSCU system and an effective ambassador between MNSCU and the minority communities as Minnesota works to retool its labor force for the changing and complex global economy.
Without reservation, we strongly recommend Mr. Readus Fletcher for the MNSCU Board of Trustees.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
Bruce P. Corrie, Ph.D.,
Dean, College of Business and Organizational Leadership,
Concordia University-St. Paul
Commissioner Toni Carter,
Al Paulson, Owner,
Milestone Growth Fund
Gene Gelgelu, Executive Director,
African Economic Development Solutions
Somali Community Specialist,
Saint Paul Public Schools
Bao Vang, Executive Director,
Hmong American Partnership,
Richard Aguilar, President,
American Indian Economic Development Fund
Minnesota Base Network
Pamela Standing, Co-chair,
Minnesota Indian Business Alliance
Lea Hargett, Board President,
Minnesota Black Chamber of Commerce
Aurora Saint Anthony Neighborhood Development Corporation
Culture Brokers, LLC
Adult Basic Education Counselor,
Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning,
Saint Paul Public Schools