MINNEAPOLIS — Become a partner of the 2012 Transracial Film Festival and help promote the stories of adoptees to the world!
On Saturday, November 10th, AdopSource, AK Connection, and Watch Adoptee Films/Land of Gazillion Adoptees will kickoff a seven day long festival featuring adoptee-centric films. On the 10th, AK Connection will host the physical portion of the festival at the University of Minnesota’s St. Paul Campus.
The following Monday-Friday (November 12th-16th), the festival will continue online via Watch Adoptee Films, which will stream (worldwide) some of the films from the physical portion of the festival and a handful of others. Thus far, the following are on the program: Invisible Red Thread, Struggle For Identity, Finding Seoul, Going Home, Seoul Searching (short), Found in Korea (teaser clip), You Follow (teaser trailer), Geographies of Kinship (teaser clip).
Sounds fabulous, right? Your help is needed to make it that much better. With your financial support, on November 10th:
• You, AdopSource, AK Connection, and Watch Adoptee Films will be able to bring the filmmakers (honorarium/stipend, food, lodging, etc.) to the festival;
• We’ll be able to have indepth conversations during the Q & A with the filmmakers;
• We’ll be able to offer food, refreshments, and such to the attendees;
• And we’ll be able to throw a nice little party, featuring an adoptee musician and her band, to close out the day.
We need to raise $10,000 to make all of this happen. Target Corporation, which has been a strong partner of the adoptee community, has already offered a very generous $2,000. So, we have $8,000 more to go!
Please consider becoming a partner of the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival by offering financial support at the $15, $25, $100, and $500 levels through our indiegogo site. Together, we can bring the insightful, riveting, emotive, and ever important stories of adoptees to the masses.
Other Ways You Can Help
• Please “like” the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival Facebook page.
• Please help us spread the word!
• To learn more about the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival, please visit: mntrff.org.
• All of the proceeds from the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival will go to supporting the work of AdopSource and the AK Connection, two nonprofit organizations dedicated to serving the adoptee community. Please visit their websites: adopsource.org and akconnection.com
• Check out our fundraising video featuring David Moschkau of AK Connection, Kate Sands of AdopSource and Kevin Ost-Vollmers/Jared Rehberg of Watch Adoptee Films:
PERKS For Your Contribution
$15 — Free Admission
Becoming a partner at this level gives you free admission to all of the films playing at the festival on November 10. (The admission fee for each film will be $8 per features, $5 for short films, and $25 for a day pass.)
$25 — Free Online Access
Becoming a partner at this level will give you free access to the online, supplemental film festival that will run for 5 days on Watch Adoptee Films. (The streaming fee for each film will be $9.99.)
$100 — Party Pass
Becoming a partner at this level gives you a free pass to the post-film festival party featuring adoptee musician Mayda and her band. Additionally, partners at this level will be able to receive drinks for free during the first hour of the party.
$250 — VIP Dinner With Filmmakers
Becoming a partner at this level gives you an invitation to the all expenses paid VIP Dinner on Friday, November 9th. At the dinner you will have the opportunity to talk with the filmmakers in an intimate setting.
$500 — Sponsors
Becoming a partner at this level gives you/your organization recognition on all of the film festival literature, which includes the Minnesota Transracial Film Festival website and Facebook page, AdopSource website, AK Connection website, and Watch Adoptee Films website. Partners at this level will also be mentioned during VIP Dinner with the filmmakers, film festival, and post-festival party.